As the demand for music grows in the Caribbean, many enthusiasts are entering the field. Few opportunities for formal training are available and many have learnt by trail and error. There is therefore a need for essential training for new songwriters as well as those wishing to improve their current skills.
II. Course Aims and Outcomes:
The Hit Songwriting Programme is designed to provide fundamental training to Songwriters. It targets those starting out in the field as well as those already operating but are desirous of undergoing a formal training programme.
Specific Learning Outcomes:
By the end of this course, students will:
· Use key songwriting techniques, without assistance.
· Create a demo recordings to industry standards
· Explore various songwriting and music publishing practices
The programme is delivered using blended approach. This includes face to face sessions and Asynchronous online sessions using our proprietary Island Skills Learning Platform.
IV. Programme Content
· Thinking about your hit song
· Writing the Ideal Chorus
· Penning the Verse
· Crossing the Bridge: Techniques for Developing Your Bridge
· Crafting Modulations
· In Form- The Structure of Your Songs
· Songwriting Bootcamp
· Creating a Demo Recording
· Making Money from Your Songs: Music Publishing and Copyrights for Songwriters
· Protecting and Showcasing Yourself: Contracts and Promotional Techniques for Songwriters
Programme Instructor: Christopher Morris (Bio Available Soon)
Programme Director: Farley J. Joseph MA (NYU).
Dates: January 15th – February 21st, 2017
Days: Mondays: 5:30- 7:30PM and Wednesdays 5:30pm – 7:30pm
Certification: Certificate of Participation
Cost: $1500.00~ Payment Options Available
Click Here to Register: REGISTRATION FORM (Do Not Register if You Cannot Attend)