As the demand for live music grows in the Caribbean and DJ Technology becomes more affordable, many enthusiasts are entering the field. While some have obtained formal training, many have learnt by trail and error and therefore require fundamental training; while others are desirous of improving their current technique.
II. Course Aims and Outcomes:
The DJ Workshop is designed to provide fundamental training in Disc Jockey (DJ) Techniques. It targets those starting out in the field as well as those already operating but are desirous of undergoing a formal training programme.
Specific Learning Outcomes:
By the end of this course, students will:
· Explain the theory underpinning the operation of various DJ Technologies, without assistance.
· Select appropriate equipment for DJ tasks, with minimal assistance.
· Use industry standard DJ equipment to a level judged satisfactory by the instructor.
The programme is delivered using blended approach. This includes face to face sessions and Asynchronous online sessions using our proprietary Island Skills Learning Platform.
IV. Programme Content
· Orientation and Overview of the Field
· Introduction to DJ Technology and Equipment
· Player Controls and Operations
· Set-Up and Use DJ Equipment
· Troubleshooting and Contingencies
· Jog Wheel Techniques
· Fundamentals of Scratching
· Create Your Website & Radio Demo
· Sourcing & Licensing your Music
· Participants' Showcase
Programme Instructor: DJ Intellect
Programme Director: Farley J. Joseph MA (NYU).
Dates: January 13th – March 3rd 2018
Days: Saturdays: 10am- 1PM and Wednesdays 5:30pm – 8:00pm
36 Contact Hours
Certification: Certificate of Participation
Cost: $2200.00~ Payment Options Available
Click Here to Register: REGISTRATION FORM (Do Not Register if You Cannot Attend)