I. Course Aims and Outcomes:
The Rhythm and Chords Music Programme is our termly programme in Music Performance for children aged 6+ as well as Adults. Instruction is provided to beginners as well as experienced musicians wishing to improve their skills or become certified.
Specific Learning Outcomes:
By the end of this course, participants will:
· Explain fundamental music theory concepts, without assistance.
· Perform various musical genres at a level judged satisfactory by the instructor.
· Demonstrate appropriate performance technique, with instructor assistance.
· Perform musical compositions consistent with their level of proficiency on their
This programme involves 12 weeks of instrumental lessons. Participants choose from the Keyboard, Guitar, Drum Set or Vocal Tuition. Each session lasts for 1 hrs and includes no more than 6 persons at any time. Sessions begin on July 16th and ends on December 2nd, 2017.
III. Programme Content
- Perform various songs
- The history and development of various styles
- Technical Development
- Chord Voicing and Rhythmic Concepts
- Performance style and stage presence
- Music Performance and Repertoire Selection
- Fundamental Music Technology
Keyboard Session Times: Thursday & Friday 4-5PM or 5-6PM
Saturdays 1:30-2:30PM/ 2:30-3:30PM/ 3:30PM-4:30PM
Drum Session Times: Saturdays 1:30-2:30PM/ 3:30PM-4:30PM
Guitar Session Times: Saturdays 2:30PM- 3:30PM
Vocal Session Times: Only on Saturdays- time determined after audition with tutor
Certification: A Certificate of Participation will be Awarded on Completion of the term; however participants may also choose to pursue official exams in Music Theory and Instrumental Performances with the Trinity College of Music, London.
Term Duration: July 16th- December 2nd, 2017.
Cost: $950 (Payment Plans and Discounts for Families/Groups Available)
Pre-Registration: Click this link to pre-register online: http://bit.ly/2vhKox7